THE MINUS ONE CLUB OF CALGARY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Members and Guests are required to follow all Rules and Regulations as listed below.
- Conduct – Members and Guests attending any club function will be expected to be pleasant, courteous and treat everyone with respect.
- The dress code is no runners and no soiled or unkempt attire.
- No outside food, liquor or beverage can be brought into the hall. Bar services are provided. Anyone bringing drinks of any kind into the hall will be given a warning and if caught again, will be banned from the hall.
- No smoking of cigarettes, cannabis, pipes, etc. is allowed on the premises. Under the Tobacco Reduction Act, smoking is not permitted in public premises. Smoking outside is not permitted within 5 meters (16 feet) of a doorway, window, or air intake.
- Garbage, Recycle, and Composting – Bins are provided at the back of the hall by the rear entry/exit door. Everyone is asked to deposit their waste in the appropriate bin prior to leaving the hall.
- Any occurrence of improper behaviour, injury, or other serious incidents must be reported to the Executive within 48 hours, the Executive may request it be submitted in writing. This will enable the appropriate action of the Executive.
- All attendees accept full responsibility for any allergy and dietary restrictions when consuming any food or drink provided by the Minus One Club.
- Membership is from January 1 to December 31 with a one-month grace period for membership renewal. Membership is not transferable, or refundable and may be cancelled by submitting a letter to the President. Membership is $15.00 per year.
- Life membership is earned after 10 years of service on the committee. This entitles the person to a free yearly membership and free entry to all dances.
- Any violation of the Rules and Regulations will be handled by the Executive Board, and they may, after a thorough investigation and on a majority vote, either reprimand or suspend the member(s) or terminate the membership provided the member is given the opportunity to be heard and provided the member has been given written notice. This may be appealed and must be in writing.
- Free parking is available in the parking lot on the back (north side) of the hall in addition to free street parking.
- The hall must have all items removed at the end of the night. Some attendees may be asked to help with some of the work from time to time. Anyone wanting to help with set-up, take-down or other volunteer work should talk to one of the committee members.